We promise- no spamming!
By using auto social login you accept
the Terms and Conditions
PLEASE ENTER YOUR REGISTERED
PLEASE ENTER THE VERIFICATION
CODE SENT TO + 91 - 123456789
Enter the OTP
LDV is a for-profit entity headquartered in Mumbai, India. LDV's primary activity is to provide access to credible and quality data, conduct research and surveys, media and information literacy programs, fact checking and disinformation, misinformation and verification workshops for journalistic and academic purposes. LDV in association with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Aksha has organized for the India Fact Quiz 2020 (â€ťIFQâ€ť).
2. Your use of certain Website Services, features, functionality or programs (including, without limitation, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, wireless marketing opportunities, blogs etc.) offered on or through the Website may be subject to additional terms and conditions, and before you use any such services, features, functionality or other programs you may be required to indicate your acceptance of such additional terms and conditions.
3. The information which is displayed on the Website shall not be treated or construed to be an offer to the user. The same shall be treated as general information which can be accessed as per the terms of this TOU.
By accessing and using this Website, you provide your specific consent to the Website to use and collect the information provided by you. Please Note that for any information provided by you on the Website, it will be deemed that:
Subject to these TOU (including, without limitation to the intellectual Property Rights set forth), LDV hereby grants you, if and only to the extent the necessary functionality is provided to you, on or through the Website, the following limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non- assignable, worldwide, royalty-free rights and licenses (each a "License"):
Like many organisations, we use technology on our website to collect information that helps us enhance your experience and our products and services. The cookies that we use at LDV allow our website to work and help us to understand what information is most useful to participants.
Contact information: We might collect the details submitted by you for further communication regarding your participation in the IFQ.
Information you post: We collect information you post in a public space on our website or on a third-party social media site belonging to indiafactquiz.com.
Other information: If you use our website, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you're using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
We collect information directly from you: We collect information directly from you when you register for the digital quiz. We also collect information if you post a comment on our website or ask us a question through phone or email.
The cookies used on the IFQ website may be generally categorised as follow:
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. If you do not want our websites to store cookies on your device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your experience while on the IFQ website, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of a website or you may not receive personalized information when you visit the website.
If you use different devices to view and access the LDV website (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use information to contact you: We might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of a purchase on our website or for other promotional purposes. LDV will collect information through your IP address, the browser and device youâ€™re using, or your device ID. We will be able to tell what webpage directed you to IFQ by looking at information from your browser.
We collect some information to understand how you're using the IFQ online to give you a better IFQ. If you're signed in, your IFQ account lets you personalise your IFQ online experience.
We use information to respond to your requests or questions: We might use your information to confirm your registration for participating in the online and offline rounds of the IFQ.
We use information to look at site trends and user interests: We may use your information to make our website and services better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
We do not use information for marketing purposes.
We use information to send you transactional communications: We might send you emails or SMS regarding your participation in the IFQ. We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
We will only hold your information for as long as we do we work on the IFQ or have any other valid reason to keep it. We design our services in a manner in which we will not hold your information any longer than we have to. We may close your IFQ account if you havenâ€™t used it in the last year. Weâ€™ll send you an email to tell you that we plan to do this before we delete anything, so please check to see if weâ€™ve sent you any emails about this.
Any personal data provided to or collected by LDV via cookies and other tracking technologies is controlled by LDV and third parties engaged by LDV:
We will not share your data for any other purpose unless it is related to or in furtherance of the contest of the business of LDV.
Weâ€™ll never sell your personal information. We do share it with others in these ways:
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how youâ€™re using our services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, or to ask you what you think about our services.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
We will share information with the event organizers: We share your information with event organizers and other parties involved in the regional finals and the grand finale of IFQ. The event organizers and other parties may use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
We will share information with our business partners: This includes a third party who provide or sponsor the regional finals and the grand finale of IFQ, or who operates a venue where we hold such rounds. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves: We will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy: We will inform you before we do this.
IFQ is strongly committed to keeping you and your familyâ€™s information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind. We also have a dedicated team to look after your information security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure â€“ if you have any concerns that your IFQ account or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please get in touch with us straight away on email@example.com.
1. In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Officer Name Officer Address Phone: number Email: email address
2. You also have certain rights with respect to the data/information provided by you. You may request LDV to remove/update/rectify/edit/complete/port/restrict from processing your data. You may send your requests to the above stated Grievance Officer and your requests will be processed by LDV within one month of receiving the requests, unless communicated otherwise.
3. Users or any victim who suffers as a result of access or usage of Website by any person can notify their complaints against such access or usage of the Website to the Grievance Officer or to the Supervisory Authority as the case may be. The Grievance Officer shall redress the complaints within one month from the date of receipt of complaint.
You are in control of your personal information. You have the right to:
1. request a copy of your information and not let robots make big decisions about you;
2. ask us to correct information thatâ€™s wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes;
3. ask us to stop using your information.
By using the Website, you agree and understand that such use is at your own risk and that there is no warranty that this Website will be free of any computer viruses. The Website (and any portion of the Website) is provided "as is" "with all faults" and "as available" to the fullest extent permitted by law. LDV and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied (including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose and non-infringement). Neither LDV nor any of its affiliates make any warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of information available on or through the Website or other internet resources linked to the Website and assumes no liability or responsibility for any:
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL LDV OR BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION AKSHA OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM YOUR USE (OR THE USE OF ANYONE USING AN ACCOUNT REGISTERED TO YOU) OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY PARTS THEREOF.
Material, content or information contained on or made available through the Website is not intended to and does not constitute any legal, financial or tax related advice nor does it, in any manner establish a Professional - Client relationship.
1. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless LDV and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, licensees, authorized designees, successors and assigns from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable outside attorneys' fees and costs) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Aksha that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from:
2. LDV reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with LDV in asserting any available defences. This provision shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Website.
3. Further, in no event shall LDV, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Aksha or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates be liable to any entity for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages (including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of information or programs or other data on your information handling system) that are related to the use of, or the inability to use, the content, materials, and functions of the Website or any linked Website.
2. All provisions of this TOU shall remain in full force and effect in perpetuity notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Website.
If any provision of the TOU shall be held unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these TOU and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The failure of LDV to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
LDVâ€™s performance under this TOU is subject to interruption and delay due to causes beyond its reasonable control such as acts of God, acts of any Government, war or other hostility, civil disorder, the elements, fire, explosion, power failure, failure of the Internet and other networks beyond the control of LDV and/or Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Aksha, equipment failure, industrial or labour dispute, inability to obtain essential supplies and the like. LDV and/or Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Aksha shall not be held liable if services with respect to the Website are interrupted or improper at any point of time due to Force Majeure events specified above.
2. All disputes or differences of any nature whatsoever, arising between you and LDV shall be settled by mutual discussion. LDV or you may, at their own discretion, appoint an authorised representative for the sake of mutual discussion. If the dispute remains unresolved for a period exceeding thirty (30) days from the date of reference of the dispute, then all actions or proceedings arising in connection with, touching upon or relating to these TOU, or the Website or the breach of these TOU and/or the scope of the provisions of this arbitration clause, shall be submitted for final and binding arbitration under Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (as amended) to a sole arbitrator. The venue of the arbitration shall be at Mumbai, India and the language of the arbitration shall be English. The decision of the Arbitrator shall be final and binding on both the parties. The Arbitration proceedings shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Mumbai. Both you and LDV, to the extent it is reasonably possible, shall continue to discharge their respective obligations during the pendency of Arbitration proceedings.
3. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on the Website, you will indemnify and hold LDV and its directors, agents, representatives, partners, employees and consultants harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
1. You agree and confirm that we do not control any direct users' actions on the Website and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on the Website. LDV is not responsible for any offensive, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on the Website. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website.
7. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
8. You will comply with all applicable and governing laws when using or accessing the Website.